What is the 4th of July without Uncle Sam and lots of red, white and blue decorations?! Today we have a an Uncle Sam Craft that can be adapted in many different ways for whatever items you have on hand. Little Chef D was so excited she could do this easy craft all by herself!
- 6 regular size cotton balls
- 2 googly eyes
- red, white, blue, light tan/flesh, pink construction paper or cardstock or foam
- 1 pink pom pom
- hot glue gun
- Uncle Sam printable pattern
- Print the pattern. Uncle Sam printable pattern.
- Cut out the pattern pieces as directed onto whatever medium you chose (construction paper or cardstock or foam).
- Take the flesh colored face and glue on the 6 cotton balls as a beard.
- Take the white square and glue on the 5 red rectangles as stripes. To get them evenly spaced glue the two strips on the sides first. Glue one strip in the middle. Then glue one strip in between the two red strips on each side of center.
- Glue 3 yellow stars on the blue rectangle for the brim of the hat. If you have yellow star stickers you can use those instead of cutting out your own.
- Glue the blue rectangle brim to the bottom of the hat.
- Glue the completed hat to the face.
- Glue the eyes, nose, mustache and cheeks into place. I do realize in this picture we did that step before adding the hat, but I would recommend putting the hat on first then you know where to place the face.
That’s it! A fun Uncle Sam craft to celebrate the holidays. Do you need more crafts? Try our Red, White and Blue DIY Necklace, Easy Star Button Wreath, 4th of July Printables or Patriotic Old Fashioned Candied Popcorn.