This moist lemon cake recipe has an easy lemon glaze that makes it one of the best desserts for any meal. It is a cake my Grandma made for my mother when she was young. With such an easy recipe my kids can make this to practice their baking skills and learn a passed down recipe.
The cake portion starts with a lemon cake mix and then you add in a few more ingredients. Bake it until done, then prick the top with a fork. Pour the icing over the hot cake and you are done. It is that simple. The lemon glaze icing is quick and easy to prepare with a couple lemons and powdered sugar. The icing melts into the cake making it incredibly moist therefore frosting is unnecessary.
Moist Lemon Cake Recipe
Just a few hints:
- Use a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients quickly.
- Make sure you test for doneness before taking the cake out of the oven.
- This easy lemon cake will stay moist for a few days if it is covered tightly.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small package lemon jello
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 dish with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl add cake mix, flour, water, jello, eggs and oil. Use a hand mixer to mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking blend together the juice of two lemons and powdered sugar.
- As soon as the cake is done, remove from the oven, prick the top of the cake with a fork. Spread glaze over the cake. Let it cool.