Loaded Baked Potato Casserole is a favorite Sunday side dish. It is an easy recipe to put together with bacon, cheese, green onions, potatoes and more. I love baked potatoes all loaded up but I have discovered they are not kid friendly. Whenever we have them my kids need help making their own so it is a lot of work. This Loaded Baked Potato Casserole has all the toppings mixed in before placing it on the dinner table. Everyone can serve themselves and eat right away.
Just a few tips:
- Use sliced frozen green onions
- Use thin skinned butter potatoes to save time in peeling.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 5 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 8 ounce package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl mash potatoes together with sour cream, cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
- Fold in green onions, bacon and cheese.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish. Top with a little extra cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.