Easy Creamed Corn is a favorite side dish. This easy recipe can be made along with the rest of the meal or make it in the morning and throw it in the crock pot to warm and thicken. Bring this to a large gathering to impress your friends.
Just a few tips:
- If you want to use frozen corn put it in a colander and run some hot water over it for a minute to thaw.
- If you use fresh corn cobs make sure you run the back of the knife over the cut area of the cob to extract the corn juice. It gives the corn an even better flavor.
- Make this in the morning and let it sit in a crock pot all day for one less thing to do at dinner time.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, unseasoned, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk together.
- Mix the cornstarch with the half and half. Add to the flour and butter mixture. Whisk well.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Cook until cream is thick and corn is warm.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese. Serve warm.