Loaded fries are a favorite of ours. There are so many different ways to do this. One variety we like is Chili Cheese Fries. This is an easy recipe because once the fries are cooked they are transferred to a plate and loaded up with toppings. Don’t forget the cheese, lots of cheese because the more gooey the better. We don’t eat these all the time so its ok to have some extra cheese! We eat these for a lazy lunch meal or a rare after school snack when we are running out the door for activities making it a late dinner night.
Just a few tips:
- Go ahead and use your favorite homemade chili to make this even better. It is a great way to use those leftovers!
- Steak or waffle cut fries will hold the chili better then the thinner variety.
- Adjust the toppings to fit your taste. If you want more onions go ahead this recipe is so versatile.
- To fully melt the cheese you may need to pop it into the oven or in the microwave for a very short time depending on your serving plate.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen french fries
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chili with beans
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Cook the french fries according to the package directions.
- While fries are cooking, warm the chili.
- Transfer fries to serving plates.
- Top with warm chili, cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Depending on your serving dish place in the oven or microwave if wanted to melt the cheese.