We love all types of fudge! This Butterscotch Fudge got the stamp of approval from my mom this Christmas season. This is a soft fudge which means it will melt in your mouth. The pecans give a contrast to the smoothness of the fudge. My kids love to help create this recipe. They stir and stir while the ingredients boil, then watch as the butterscotch chips melt away before adding in the pecans and vanilla. Package this easy recipe for friends or neighbors for a special treat. If you love fudge you should also try our Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.
Just a few tips:
- Stir quickly after taking the pan off the heat to ensure all chips melt.
- You may put whole pecans in a food processor to create smaller pieces.
- Use butter not margarine for best results.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peppermint chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in peppermint chips. Stir quickly until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Pour in prepared pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.