My kids love helping me in the kitchen. My 2 year old is my biggest help right now–sometimes a little too helpful if you know what I mean! My kids love creating recipes. Working with Johnsville Sausage we have created an easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Quesadilla that kids can make because my kids will eat anything wrapped in a tortilla.
The hardest part of this recipe is the sausage. But fear not! I want to tell you about Johnsonville Fully Cooked Sausage. All the hard work is done. No more dealing with the grease splashing and wondering what to do with the leftover grease in the pan (which is hard for my kids to take care of themselves). Since it is fully cooked all you need to do is slice it, warm it up a bit and you are good to go! A perfect task for one of my kids.
While that was being done we had another cutting board and helper finely dicing one small tomato and one small bell pepper from our garden.
My last helper cracked all the eggs, added the milk and the salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Cook the eggs in a skillet, adding in the tomatoes, peppers and sausage until done.
Spread out your whole wheat tortillas (or whichever kind you prefer). On one half add some of the egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese. In our house we can never have enough cheese! Fold over the tortilla. Repeat until all the egg mixture is gone.
Place all the filled tortillas on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes just to melt the cheese. Your Breakfast Quesadilla is done!
What I love best about this recipe is it can be scaled for one or two. Using the Johnsville Fully Cooked Sausage not only shortens your cooking time but makes it easy to add to your eggs. It comes in a resealable package which means you can use one or many pieces at a time. Look for some the next time you are out shopping.
- Johnsville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage
- 12 Eggs
- Small Tomato
- Colby Jack Cheese
- 8 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl crack and whisk 12 eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Finely dice bell pepper and tomato.
- Slice breakfast sausage into thin rounds.
- In a hot skillet add whisked egg mixture. Add in tomato, bell pepper, and sausage. Combine well. Cook until eggs are done.
- Lay out a tortilla. Add cooked egg mixture on one half. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold the tortilla in half to sandwich the eggs.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet. Place in oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Johnsonville Sausage. All opinions are my own.