We do a lot of dancing and a lot of listening to music at our house. Recently, the Just Dance Kids 2014 game for XBOX 360 KINECT was sent to us to try out. My Little Chefs have had a great time dancing while listening to music and learning new moves! They especially love turning it on when friends are over. We all smile, laugh and cheer each other on while having so much fun! In fact, we have so much fun their friends request to play the game when they are over! As a parent I’m pleased with this choice of activity!
Here are some reasons why I would recommend Just Dance Kids 2014:
- It is an enjoyable form of aerobic exercise.
- It teaches players how to find and follow the beat of the music. To gain points players need to do the movements at the right time which means they need to follow to beat.
- It teaches players to follow directions. It is not easy to translate what you are seeing on the screen to what your body should be doing. It takes a little practice to figure this out. Then after even more practice the players will learn to anticipate the next movement.
- It teaches players about speed. Some songs are fast or slow, but others are both. After practice players will begin to understand how the speed of the movement relates to the musical qualities.
- It teaches the players coordination and spatial awareness. The game enhances normal development of kids at various levels. It allows players to work at their normal development and challenges them to be a step further. With practice players can be successful at developing skills above their level.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.