Snow is so fun to play in but having Vanilla Peppermint Hot Chocolate to warm me up is exciting too! Yesterday we woke up to a winter wonderland. Everything was covered in inches of snow. Throughout the day we still had snow flurries but then it became heavier. We woke up again to inches of snow today. As fun as it is to go outside and play in all that snow it is also fun to come inside and warm up with some vanilla peppermint hot chocolate. This easy recipe comes together quickly. The half and half melts the vanilla chips then it is only a few more minutes until the entire recipe is heated through to your liking. Serve it with some Eggnog Cookies or Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge or Caramel Toffee Rice Krispie Treats.
Just a few tips:
- It is important to whisk so it doesn’t burn, especially at the beginning of the recipe.
- Have fun when topping your hot chocolate. Candy canes, marshmallows are two of our favorites.
- Ice cubes are good to have on hand to cool down the drink for the little ones.
- We love serving our vanilla peppermint hot chocolate in hot chocolate cups and drink it through Drink Stirrer Straws.
- 3 cups half and half, divided
- ⅔ cup vanilla chocolate chips
- 3-inch cinnamon stick
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Combine ¼ cup half and half in a saucepan with white chocolate chips, cinnamon stick and nutmeg.
- Whisk over low heat until chips are melted.
- Add remaining half and half. Whisk until heated throughout.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Remove from heat.
- Add extracts.
- Serve warm with whipped topping, cinnamon and candy canes.