When you are feeding a lot of kids this Tater Tot Casserole is the perfect easy recipe. Kids love tater tots. If they haven’t had them before just say they resemble french fries and they will love them. Keep a bag of tater tots in your freezer and you will be able to make this any time because chances are you have the rest of the ingredients already in your pantry or refrigerator because they are common ingredients.
This is a mild tasting casserole. My kids loved it, especially when adding a dollup of sour cream on the top after cooking, but the adults wanted something a little more. Adding some salsa to the top works well for adults to give it a little kick.
Tater Tot Casserole
Just a few tips:
- Baking the tater tots first without the topping helps them become crisp.
- If you have whole olives in your pantry and not sliced like me, use a strawberry slicer to quickly cut them. This is a task my Little Chefs love to do.
- If you are not going to use all the green onions you purchased check out my tips on How To freeze Green Onions. I love having them on hand!
- To help speed up the beans cooking throw them in the microwave for one minute before adding them to the casserole.
- 1 bag Tater Tots
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 sliced green onions
- ½ can whole olives, sliced
- sour cream
- salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- Line all the tater tots in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- On top of the tater tots add cheese, black beans, green onions and olives.
- Cook 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sour cream on the side.