Seasoned potato wedges are baked in the oven until crispy. This is a simple, cheap side dish or appetizer that can be served with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauces.
When we talk about easy recipes this is definitely one! It is easy in the prep work but you do need to allow some time for cooking. The potatoes are washed and cut in 8 wedges. Place them in a zip top bag with some seasonings then lay them flat on a baking sheet for 20 minutes. Flip the wedges over and bake for another 20 minutes. Serve warm.
These homemade potato wedges are a perfect side dish, snack or game time appetizer. Serve it with our Sour Cream Dip that is packed with bacon and green onions!
Seasoned Potato Wedges
Just a few tips:
- If you cut the potatoes and leave them out cut side up for a while they might dry out. If this happens dip them in a little milk before adding them to the bag so that the seasonings will stick to the potato.
- I like placing the wedges in the same direction on the pan so that when I flip them over I know which ones I have already flipped. Sometimes I get distracted in the middle!
- 3 large potatoes
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup butter, melted, divided
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine parmesan cheese, onion powder and paprika in a zip top bag.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Place wedges in seasoning bag a few at a time and shake to coat.
- Place potatoes on the parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the wedges over then drizzle with remaining 2 Tablespoons melted butter. Bake 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.