I made these Roasted Mixed Vegetables with Basil last night and they were a HUGE hit! I was shopping at a store where I get fruits and vegetables when I saw baby eggplant 5/$1. I had never seen eggplant in baby form and I thought it was a good deal so I bought some. A lady there who was also buying the baby eggplant said she loved it roasted.
My family loved the Sun Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan, Roasted Balsamic Vegetables, Roasted Brussels Sprouts also here on Five Little Chefs so I thought why not roast the eggplant. I’m so glad I did because these turned out to be so delicious! They were so flavorful. I was amazed my kids ALL loved these roasted mixed vegetables with basil and want them again.
Roasted Mixed Vegetables with Basil
Just a few tips:
- Cut all the vegetables the same size so they roast evenly.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a bowl then add the olive oil and the seasoning and stir. It is another bowl to clean but it is a fast way to coat the vegetables and season each piece.
- Use parchment or foil to line your baking pan for easy clean up.
- 5 baby eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Turn the oven on to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut the eggplant, zucchini, pepper and onion into similar size pieces. Place everything in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and basil. Stir gently and well to combine.
- Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.