Roasted Brussels Sprouts are created in the oven until they are carmelized. This easy recipe makes the perfect side dish. Cut each sprout in half and cut out the choke which is the bottom inner part,see the “v” cut in the picture. Add the halved sprouts to a bowl with the remaining ingredients to season them before placing them on a lined baking sheet. Make sure each half is placed cut side down to achieve maximum carmelization. When the sprouts are brown and crisp they are done and ready to serve.
Just a few tips:
- Removing the “choke” will take away some of the bitter taste.
- Put the sprouts cut side down on the pan.
- This recipe has a lot of pepper. If you do not like as much half the pepper.
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved, ends trimmed, yellow leaves and choke removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine orange juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Add brussels sprouts and gently combine.
- Place brussels sprouts on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges of sprouts look lightly browned and crisp.