Side dishes are often times over looked, especially at my house. This is an easy recipe but you need to plan ahead to let the vegetables marinade for the best flavor. The balsamic vinegar and the caramelization from roasting adds a sweetness to the vegetables. It is easy to switch out these vegetables for those in season at different times of the year.
Just a few tips:
- Lining the baking pan with foil helps with an easy clean up.
- Try cooking this in a grill basket.
- Go ahead and switch up the vegetables like zucchini and peppers.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup carrots, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup green beans
- Combine all ingredients in a zip top bag. Let marinade in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread out vegetables on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.