I love nights when I can dump and go. This Chicken Broccoli Casserole is one of those easy recipes. The hardest part is cooking and dicing the chicken. To make it even faster use left over chicken or thanksgiving turkey, canned chicken or even rotisserie chicken. The recipe calls for frozen broccoli because it is ready to go, no need to thaw. In fact the extra water makes the sauce a little more soupy which is the way we like it. You are welcome to use fresh broccoli, just make sure to cut the pieces small enough to match the size of the chicken. You will also want to add a little water 1/4 cup at the most to make it a little more soupy.
Combine all the ingredients and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes in a preheated oven or until bubbly and lightly browned. We like to serve our Chicken Broccoli Casseroli over rice with a side of Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles and some Amish White Bread. This meal is always a hit with the Little Chefs.
- 2 (1o ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cooked and seasoned boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, chicken and half of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, blend the cream of chicken soups, mayonnaise/sour cream, lemon juice, curry, garlic powder and pepper. Add to the broccoli, chicken, cheese mixture and combine well.
- In a greased 9x13 baking dish pour in the mixture then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly or lightly browned.
- Note: Frozen broccoli adds water to make it more soupy. You may use fresh broccoli, chopped small, but add in about 1/4 cup water unless you like it thick.