This Mint Oreo Milkshake is a perfect no bake dessert. It is so easy the kids can make it themselves – only 3 ingredients!
Milkshakes remind me of summer! Our weather here can’t decide if it is winter or spring. In fact, we had snow this past weekend! Just a little but I saw it coming down! Regardless of the weather we decided after soccer and volleyball games that we were going to make a classic milkshake. Mint chocolate chip with oreo. My kids have never experienced these delicious flavors in the form of a milkshake. It was time to fix that!
Did you know there are so many different flavors and types of Oreos? My third Little Chef just recently had a birthday party and she saw thin oreos at the store and had to get them for her party. It was pirate themed so we spray painted them gold with special edible spray so they looked like pirate coins. We all loved how they turned out- so fun!
This Mint Oreo Milkshake definitely is an easy recipe! All you need is a blender, some ice cream, oreos and milk. Add everything to the blender and let it rip. Pour it into two glass cups, one for you and one for a friend. Sip it through a straw for a delicious, refreshing treat that will definitely cool you down. If you like the oreo taste try our Oreo White Chocolate Cookie.
Recipes like this are perfect for late nights with friends. My kids love late nights and they love making something in the kitchen by themselves. These milkshakes would make a little mess on the counter but they are quick meaning it would keep their attention from start to finish. If I am really lucky they might even help with the clean up.
Did you know the fastest way to clean a blender is to pour in some hot tap water. Add a drop or two of dish soap. Put the lid on and turn on the blender. The spinning motion will clean the blades and the sides so fast. Don’t fill it too high and keep you hand on the lid because you would not want it to pop off and create a huge mess!
Mint Oreo Milkshake
Just a few tips:
- High quality ice cream will produce a better milkshake.
- Slightly chill your serving glasses in the freezer to keep the ice cream from melting too fast.
- The oreos make the milkshake have a brownish tint. If you would like a green tint add a couple drops of food coloring when blending.
- Start with 1/4 cup milk for a thick milkshake and add up to an additional 1/4 cup of milk for a more runny milkshake.
- 2 cups mint chip ice cream
- ¼-1/2 cup milk
- 2 oreo cookies
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Add all ingredients to your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately in chilled glasses with straws.