These honey mustard vegetables are an easy recipe and quick to put together. It is a great last minute side dish because it uses common ingredients found in your pantry. The only thing you might need to buy is a bag of your favorite frozen vegetables. I always like to keep a bag or two in my freezer so that I can whip this up fast if I do not have any fresh vegetables from my garden or store. This also is a great starter recipe for kids.
Steam the bag of vegetables until done. While the veggies are doing their thing use a smaller saucepan to combine all the remaining ingredients. While you are waiting finish the main dish and put that on the table or do a few dishes so there are less after dinner. When the vegetables are cooked through, drain the pot and then add the sauce and stir to combine. That is it! A side dish that took only minutes to prepare.
Honey Mustard Vegetables
Just a few tips:
- Make sure you drain the vegetables thoroughly before adding in the sauce. Otherwise the sauce will be watered down.
- Keep the sauce on low if it is done before the vegetables so that it does cool down and separate.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Steam vegetables until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, honey, mustard and salt. Heat until bubbly.
- Pour over drained vegetables.
- Stir to coat.