Fudge is great for any occasion according to my family. Peppermint Fudge is an easy recipe perfect for Valentine’s Day. It is a festive pink color and quick to make when you are busy with other Valentine’s preparations. It can be made early in the morning or even a couple days ahead. Package some up in a small box to send with your family members to school or work for a special treat.
Chocolate Filled Strawberries is another easy recipe like Peppermint Fudge perfect for Valentine’s Day. If you have kids try our popular Valentine Scratch Off Advent Calendar to help foster good deeds within your family. My kids love scratching off one circle each day to see what task they should complete.
Just a few tips:
- This is a soft fudge recipe. To make it a harder boil for an extra minute.
- Work fast once you take it off the heat. Stir like mad to get all the chips to melt.
- Place 7 small candy canes in a zip top bag. Use a hammer or rolling pin to smash the candy canes into small pieces OR place the candy canes in a food processor.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- ½ cup ground candy canes (7 small)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in peppermint chips. Stir quickly until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in ground candy canes and vanilla.
- Pour in prepared pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.