Did you know that today is OREO Cookie Day?! For those who love Oreos as much as we do, we thought we would share some Oreo Fun Facts –
- Oreo is the World’s favorite cookie, and can be found in more than 100 countries.
- 71% to 29% is the cookie-to-creme ratio of the original Oreo cookie.
- 50% of all Oreo eaters pull apart their cookies before eating, with women twisting them more often than men.
- To make an annual batch of Oreos you would need 18 million pounds of cocoa, and 47 million pounds of creme filling! WOW, that is a lot of coca and creme!!
There are many different ways to eat the Oreo cookie. Simply dunk them in a glass of cold milk, crush them up with your favorite vanilla ice cream, eat them in truffles, pudding, brownies, popcorn, or cookies. The options seem endless!
To celebrate Oreo Cookie Day, we would like to share with your our favorite Oreo cookie recipe, the Oreo White Chocolate Cookie recipe!!
First the Little Chefs combined the butter and the sugars until smooth and creamy with the mixer. They mixed in the Oreo pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Little Chef K is still working on mashing all the brown sugar into the measuring cup before dumping it in (we may have put in about 3/4 a cup brown sugar this time!)
Smashing the oreos is the Little Chefs favorite part in making these cookies. Just add them to a ziplock back and let them smash away! Just make sure the Little Chefs close the ziplock bag completely before they start smashing….yes we are speaking from experience, and I wish I had the picture to share!!!
In a medium bowl we combined the flour and baking soda, then we mixed in the dry ingredients just until combined. We then stirred in the Oreo crumbles and the white chocolate chips.
Then Little Chef B scooped out the cookie dough onto Parchment Paper. The Little Chefs like to use the parchment sheets, because it is hard for them to tear out the right size from the rolls, and it is also safer for the little hands to just grab a sheet! And can I also tell you how much we LOVE our Cookie Dough Scooper!!! It is perfect for little hands! It is easy to scoop just the right amount of cookie dough, and then just push on the top and it drops a perfect scoop of cookie dough onto your pan. Super easy, and fun for the Little Chefs. We cooked the cookies and then let them cool on a cooling rack.
And if you LOVE Oreos as much as we do….And since it is Oreo Day, I don’t think it is a bad idea to eat more than one Oreo treat and dessert today. So also try out our Mom’s Banana Dessert (of course it also has Oreos in it!) Something about bananas and Oreos – we kind of LOVE that combination!
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 pkg Oreo cookie n creme instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- 15 chopped Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a mixer, combine the butter and the sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the Oreos and the white chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough on prepared baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
- Let cool on cooling rack, then store in air-tight container.