Sometimes I need an easy recipe that is also quick to make. This Chocolate Turtle Cake is one of those recipes. I always seem to have a cake mix in my pantry as well as a variety of chips and nuts. Add a can of evaporated milk and stick of butter and you have everything you need.
This recipe uses my favorite cake mix, german chocolate! Mix the melted butter with the cake mix and evaporated milk.
Put half of the cake mixture into your pan and cook for 10 minutes. Pull it out of the oven.
Top the partially cooked cake with chocolate chips, caramel ice cream topping, and pecans.
Drop the rest of the cake mixture by spoonfuls on top of the middle goodies. Cook for another 20 minutes.
Right out of the oven is delicious, or you can let it rest. When it has cooled off make sure you keep it sealed in an airtight container so it does not dry out. Adding your favorite frosting would be great. I like adding a scoop of ice cream on the top of my Chocolate Turtle Cake with a drizzle of caramel and a few pecans.
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup caramel ice cream topping
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, cake mix and evaporated milk. Stir until well combined.
- Spread half the cake mixture in the greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Top with caramel, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls the remaining batter on top of everything. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream topped with caramel and pecans.