Brownie cookies are brownies and cookies all in one. If you love the chewy, chocolate corners of the brownie pan you will love these brownie cookies. This from scratch recipe is easy and fast. You will need to make a second batch!
We are HUGE brownie fans! I love the edges of the brownies. They are chewy yet soft on the inside. These Brownie Cookies remind me of those corners. No more fighting for the four parts, we all can have a share of the corners in the form of a cookie.
This brownie cookie recipe has 7 ingredients. The best part is after the melting the butter and chocolate together everything else is dumped in the bowl to be combined. Use a small cookie scoop to portion out each amount onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. After 10 minutes of baking they are ready to be enjoyed. My kids could not get enough of these cookies!
Just a few tips:
- Don’t be afraid of the chili powder. It does not make the cookies hot just a more depth of flavor.
- If you do not want to melt the chocolate in a saucepan you can melt it slowly in the microwave.
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt the chocolate chips and butter. Stir constantly for 5 minutes or until all the chips are melted.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, flour, pecans and chili powder until well combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop, or spoon, place small portions of the dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to cooling racks.
- Keep in an air tight container.