Cherry Pineapple Punch is a great party punch for all ages! This easy recipe has a couple of unexpected but well known ingredients. First you start with boiling water. Dissolve some sugar and amazingly a box of cherry jello. Put this mixture into the fridge to cool. Just before the party starts add juice, soda and almond extract. I wasn’t sure of the extract so I tasted it before and after. I can’t believe the difference it makes. Try it yourself and tell me which way you prefer.
While we are talking party drinks try these Avengers Party Drinks or Fresh Strawberry Lemonade using all the fresh strawberries I am seeing in the stores. Add a few easy dessert recipes to end the party such as Chocolate Coconut Pecan Brownies, Moist Lemon Cake or our popular German Chocolate Cake.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry flavored Jell-O
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 cups (about 46 fluid ounces) pineapple juice
- 2 cups bottled lemon juice (such as ReaLemon)
- 4 cups lemon lime soda
- 2 Tablespoons almond extract
- In a microwave safe bowl add 4 cups of water. Place in the microwave for 4 minutes or until boiling.
- Add cherry Jell-O and white sugar. Stir until fully dissolved.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour to chill.
- In a punch bowl add pineapple juice, lemon juice, soda and extract. Mix well.
- Serve cold.