Cinnamon Rolls are so good, but they can be time consuming to make. Today we are sharing a very easy recipe Little Chefs can make with minimal supervision. Some of you have been asking about the Caramel Cinnamon Roll recipe that is featured on our Chinet Giveaway. (If you haven’t entered go now before it closes!) Jenny will post that recipe on Monday so come back and check it out.
Anything bite sized is cute to look at, but also very easy for Little Chefs to eat. I find myself making a lot of things bite sized, in the preparation phase of cooking because if I don’t my dinner gets cold as I am cutting everything into bite sized pieces for my little ones. Little Chef H was the first one to get involved with this recipe! She loves stirring. She was able to combine the white sugar and cinnamon very well. I made sure to use a much larger bowl then necessary so that MOST of it stayed inside as she stirred at her own crazy pace!
Little Chef C used kitchen scissors (one of our favorite kid friendly tools) to cut each now defrosted premade roll dough into fourths. She cut each one in half and then in half again. They were not perfect and do not need to be perfectly measured out and cut.
Taking one piece of dough at a time roll it into melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture until fully coated.
Place each one on a parchment lined baking sheet. My Little Chefs randomly placed them all trying not to have them touch. Bake according to the directions on the package. Let them cool for a few minutes before popping them in your mouth! There you have a very easy, quick bite sized cinnamon roll recipe that your Little Chefs can make with minimal help.
- Frozen roll dough
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Kitchen Scissors
- Defrost frozen roll dough, estimate 1-2 per person.
- Combine white sugar with cinnamon. You will most likely have some extra if you don't cook very many.
- Using kitchen scissors cut each piece of defrosted roll dough in half and then in half again. You will have 4 pieces per roll.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave. You will most likely have some extra if you don't cook very many.
- Taking one piece of dough at a time roll it into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture until fully coated.
- Place each one on a parchment lined baking sheet. Space them out so they do not touch.
- Bake according to package instructions.