Kids valentines is only one thing that makes Valentine’s Day in elementary school something kids look forward to each February. Special school activities and parties are planned and classroom valentines are given out to all the classmates. This Bow Tie Kids Valentines has a hidden treat in the middle! Boys and girls will love receiving these and your kids will love making these valentine crafts.
Bow Tie Kids Valentines
This is my oldest daughters last year in elementary school and her last Valentine’s Day school party. Of course we had to make special classroom valentine’s this year. My kids love making their valentine’s more then receiving them. We chose the phrase “Our Friendship Ties Us Together.” To make it even more fun we made a girl version with hair ties and this gender neutral version with bow ties.
This printable can be used in two different ways! The first way utilizes the bow tie and the small rectangle, which holds the tie together. Candy is placed in the middle of the bow tie and then placed on a second printable. This way can be used for valentines for kids at school.
The second way uses these two pieces as well as the long rectangle which wraps around a large candy bar. This could be a great valentines crafts idea for your kids to give to mom, dad, grandparents or anyone special.
- Bow Tie Printables – there are 4 different pages
- “Our friendship ties us together” printable
- Double pack starburst candy
- Cut out the printables.
- Lay one bow tie template face up on a table. Glue the matching small rectangle to one of the tabs on the ends.
- Glue the two end tabs of the bow tie together to form a circle so the pattern is on the outside.
- Hold a piece of candy in the middle of the bow tie while you wrap the free end of the small rectangle around the front and return to the back and glue. The piece of candy should be sandwiched inside the bow tie.
- Glue the finished bow tie with sandwiched candy to the larger printable with the phrase “Our friendship ties us together.”
Don’t forget to have your child sign their name on this cute kids valentines.
Here are some more cute Valentine’s Day ideas.