The weather here has been so hot it is hard to not want to be in the water cooling off. My Little Chefs love to play in the water. Whenever Little Chef H sees any swimming suit she immediately finds her own and insists she wears it. In fact it doesn’t matter if we are going out to play in the water or not she still wants to wear it. I guess there is just something about the warm weather and wearing swimming suits.
Today we thought it might be fun to share 5 activities to do with a kiddie pool. I was just out looking to find another one and after 3 stores discovered that they are not being stocked anymore. They are done selling pools just when our summer break begins! Not only are they done stocking but they are not to be found on the shelves! The stores are done with summer seasonal items and are ready for back to school. It is so sad because we really just finished 7 days ago. We don’t want to think about going back to school yet!
5 Pool Games for a Kiddie Pool
- An outside bathtub! Fill the pool with bubbles. I mean a lot of bubbles so they are over flowing and you cannot see to the bottom of the pool. Throw in some dive sticks or rings and take turns jumping in and finding them. When you exit the pool you are covered in bubbles and look like a human snowman!
- Count the pennies! Fill the pool with water then throw in pennies. Take turns jumping into the pool and collecting as many pennies as you can in 15 seconds. (You can vary the time.) When you are finished count the pennies to determine the winner.
- Shoot the ball! Stand or kneel on one side of the water filled pool. Place a ping pong ball right in front of you in the water. It will float! Using a squirt gun shoot the ball to move it to the other side of the pool. Race a friend by each one having their own ball and squirting their own ball to see who can get their ball to the other side the quickest.
- 1 v 1! Playing with a partner, each person stands on opposite sides of the water filled pool. Place the ping pong ball in the middle of the pool. Each person tries to squirt the ball with a squirt gun to propel it to the opposite side of the pool. When the ball touches the opposite side they receive a point.
- Tug O War! We cannot forget this timeless game. To see who is the strongest, after matching up close to equal sizes, is fun. The looser gets to cool off in the water they just landed in! When it is so hot outside it really isn’t bad to loose.
Always remember to be safe when playing around water. Constant supervision is a must.