It is spring time and the flowers are starting to appear. Flowers come and go with the seasons but DIY flowers with wood and wire art will always bloom. This is one of those easy crafts that can be completed easily within an hour.
DIY Flowers with Wood and Wire Art
- wood flowers
- circle disk
- acrylic paint – a light and dark of each color
- wire cutter
- Using the wood flower shape the wire. I know in the picture the flower is already painted but then I noticed the wire made marks on the wood flower and should be done first. Shape the wire around the outside of the flower.
- When you are finished it should look like this.
- Because we shaped the wire on the outside of the flower it is too big. Smoosh the flower all together to make it smaller so it will fit inside the flower like this.
- Paint the flowers your favorite color – the dark version.
- Paint the disks the inside flower color.
- Use a natural sponge and a lighter color of paint to sponge paint the flower to give it some texture.
- Adhere the wire to the wood flower using hot glue. Try to glue only in the middle where the center disk will cover the glue.
- Glue the center disk on top of the wire. Now your flower is done!
- Cut a piece of wire twice the length of one petal.
- Fold the wire in half.
- Repeat for a total of 3.
- Since my flower has 7 petals, I created one single piece of wire.
- Glue the wires to the wood flower with hot glue.
- Glue the center circle on top of the wires.
- You are done with version 2 of the diy flowers!
No matter which version of the flower you choose to make they will endure the seasons. Stay tuned for what to do with these DIY flowers.