If your Little Chefs are like mine they love to decorate for the holidays. This 4th of July Easy Star Button Wreath is a great craft because it is quick, requires minimal supervision and the supplies are basic. I love being able to tell my Little Chefs sure we can do that craft today you just found because we have everything on hand!
- low temperature hot glue gun or white glue
- cardboard circle, your choice of size OR a paper plate with the center circle cut out
- stars made out of construction paper or foam
- buttons, variety of sizes and shapes
- 2 bells
- curling ribbon (for wrapping presents)
- Place the cardboard circle in front of you and place the stars and buttons where you would like them to go.
- Remove one star at a time, apply some glue and replace the star. Repeat with the button.
- Take some curling ribbon and tie it to the top of the wreath to use as a door hanger.
- Take another piece of curling ribbon and tie a knot at one end. Thread one bell onto the ribbon until it reaches the knot. Thread the ribbon (opposite side as the bell and knot) through the ribbon that is tied to the top as the door hanger. Add a second bell to the ribbon and tie a knot at the desired length. Cut the excess ribbon.
- Hang it up on a door to see your wonderful work!
Wasn’t that easy?! Easy Star Button Wreath is a simple craft perfect not only for the holidays but also for summer because most Little Chefs will be able to do this on their own.