June is here already! I am relieved because that means we have a new Little Chef in our family and I’m feeling so much better! June also means Father’s Day is coming very soon. We love father’s day crafts. Today we are going to share with you an easy one, the Woven Tie Father’s Day Craft. I love this craft because the supplies are minimal as well as the cost!
- 1 – 12×12 double sided piece of patterned/solid cardstock
- 1 – piece of white cardstock
- 1- 2 liter soda of your choice
- Cut two strips 1 1/4″ wide from the double sided cardstock. Tape the two strips together end to end.
- Using the tape line as a guide fold the right side down in front and the left side down in back.
- Using the bottom line of the triangle as a guide fold the right strip up to match the line.
- Tuck the strip you just folded under the other strip to vary the pattern.
- Fold the left side under to match the angle on the right side.
- Fold the right side over using the line to match the angle. Repeat of step 3.
- Tuck the strip you just folded under the other strip to vary the pattern. Repeat of step 4.
- Repeat and continue until you get to the end.
- Fold over the final piece and tape into place. It will not match up perfectly but that is ok this will become the back.
- Flip the finished woven piece to the other side.
- Cut the white cardstock to 1 1/4″ wide.
- Cut the length to be the circumference of the soda bottle.
- Fold both ends of the white cardstock on an angle to create a collar.
- Attach the collar to the tie with tape.
- Remove the label from the soda bottle.
- Slip the finished collar and tie over the soda bottle.
For this FREE Printable to go with this craft go here for the Best Dressed Pop Printable!
My Little Chefs were super excited to be able to choose Dad’s favorite soda and then create this quick craft to dress it up for Father’s Day. Add a personal note on the top and your Father’s Day crafts will be done in no time!