Father’s Day is right around the corner. It’s the time of year where we want to find a special way to tell our Dad’s why we appreciate them. A personalized father’s day card is my favorite because it is an easy craft and easily customized. This year why not tell Dad why he is a Super Dad. The younger kids can draw a picture while the older ones can write a personal message.
Super Dad Father’s Day Card
- Printable card with logo and tie
- 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 patterned piece of paper
- Fold the patterned piece of paper in half. Cut starting at the folded edge toward the open edge stopping 1/2″ from the edge.
- Fold the patterned piece of paper in half the opposite direction. Cut starting at the folded edge toward the open edge stopping 1/2″ from the edge.
- Cut out the card, logo and tie.
- Cut on the lines on the side with the words. On the other half of the card, cut ONLY the parallel line NOT the diagonal line.
- Fold the card in half on the line. The words should go on the inside of the card.
- Create the collar by folding from the top downward. The top outside edges should meet in the middle.
- Glue the logo a little lower then center on the front of the card.
- Glue the patterned paper only along the edges. Place it on top of the front of the card.
- Glue the tie only at the top on the front of the card on the patterned paper.
- Glue the collar down.
This is how it looks with Super Dad hiding under his shirt.
On the inside write your favorite Super Power your Dad possesses. I have some ideas on the printable to get you started. Write a message why it is your favorite and/or draw a picture of Dad with his Super Power.
Be sure to check out another version of Super Dad – this time an envelope card with a candy bar.