My Little Chefs LOVE to paint! Whenever we are painting the house inside or out they want to help. Anytime they see their paints they want to do it NOW. I have a love/hate relationship with paint because it can be so messy with little ones! I always seem to have a little one who makes the biggest mess. I have seen people paint with cars or trucks, but at my house those are not common toys. Then I had an idea!
We just went to a case lot sale at a local grocery store and after storing the cans we had some flat boxes that were just bigger then a regular piece of paper. What if we put a piece of paper in the box and then drop small dots of paint on the paper in various colors then add a few marbles and help them roll around to spread the paint around. This should be fun, artistic and have a minimal mess.
This was a very fun art project. All the Little Chefs big and small were able to participate and have a great time!
- Box – preferably a little big bigger then your piece of paper, but in reality any size box will do.
- Paper – any type, white is easier to see the paint
- Acrylic paints – various colors of your chosing
- Marbles – 1-3 per box works great
- Place your piece of paper in your box.
- Place drops of paint randomly onto the paper. You can experiment with larger and smaller drops.
- Place your marbles in the box and rotate the box to keep the marbles rolling to create your design.
- Let the paint dry. Clean off the marbles.