With all the candy around at Valentine’s Day (and don’t get us wrong, we LOVE conversation hearts and cinnamon bears) we try to give a little more love than just candy. This year we decided to give a homemade playdough Valentine gift to all the Little Chef’s friends.
This playdough recipe we created by combining a couple different recipes. We LOVE this recipe because it is so smooth and not crumbly, it will last forever (I think I just threw away a batch from last October!), and the recipe is SO easy!
The Little Chefs threw all the ingredients in a bowl and whisked it together. Little Chef E decided that 2-4 drops of food coloring needed to be more like 6-8 drops. However, it did make it really bright pink, just perfect for Valentine’s Day!
We then poured the mixture to a saucepan on medium heat. And stir CONSTANTLY!! Keep stirring until the mixture pulls from the sides and forms a ball.
Remove from heat, and let cool for a few minutes. Knead the playdough a couple times. Then let it cool completely before you start playing with it, or before you store it. Store playdough in an airtight container. Package it up and you have a fun playdough valentine gift for your friends.
- 1 c flour
- 1/4 c salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 c water
- 1 T oil
- 2-5 drops of food coloring
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together
- Pour mixture into a saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly
- Stir until it forms a ball.
- Remove from pan, and let cool for a few minutes and knead the playdough.
- Let it cool completely before playing with it or storing it.
- Store in an airtight container.