RatatouilleNote: This post may contain a sponsored/affiliate/referral link. Thank you for supporting this site!
This Ratatouille recipe was chosen because Little Chef C was watching an episode of Restaurant Impossible where this was made. Our only other experience with Ratatouille is the movie by Disney.
Next, everything was chopped. This time I let Little Chef C try using a knife. I cut each of them down the middle so they would lay flat for her to cut herself. This worked fairly well for each one. This is her best cutting so far!
Now it was time to cook. In a saucepan olive oil was heated first, then garlic added. Luckily the Little Chefs do not need to cut garlic. The little ingredients are so difficult for them to cut, dice or mince. We bought fresh minced garlic we keep in the fridge. Maybe this counts as cheating, but it is the safer route for us! The peppers and onions were added until Little Chef C thought they were soft.
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 bell peppers (green or other color)
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 large red tomatoes, diced
- 2 small eggplants, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 10 leaves fresh basil, thinly cut
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Finish cooking over lower heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest before serving for 10 minutes, to allow the flavors to incorporate. Use or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.